A Cheat Sheet for Car Buying and Auto Financing in Everett
April 5, 2017
To make the most of your pre-owned car buying experience, it is a good idea to be prepared in advance. You will save money and time, and be assured that you are getting the best vehicle possible for your needs. At Fresh Start Approval, we can tell you that auto financing in Everett can be convenient and affordable if you work with the right company.
Here is a “cheat sheet” to aid you in your used car shopping:
- Obtain a copy of your credit report and check it carefully. Errors are quite common and can lower your credit score. Take steps to correct mistakes as soon as is feasible.
- Bring your updated credit report with you to the dealership.
- Plan your budget wisely and include the monthly payment, actual vehicle price, insurance, maintenance and taxes/fees.
- If you are hoping to trade-in a car, look up its value so that you know its approximate value in advance.
- Evaluate the makes and models, as well as features you desire in a vehicle. There are hundreds of choices among trucks, cars, SUVs and used mini-vans for sale.
- The larger your down payment, the better. This saves a great deal of interest over the term of the loan.
- Do not be afraid to negotiate with the dealer. If this is not your strong suit, bring a friend along who is more experienced in this area. You may be able to get an even better deal than you had hoped.
One final piece of advice: Do not rush a car-buying or auto financing decision. Take your time finding the best deal for you to avoid getting into a long term financing plan that really isn’t the best option for your situation. For a diverse selection of both pre-owned vehicles and auto financing in Everett, visit Fresh Start Approval or call us today at (888)348-3290.